Friday, August 15, 2014

Indianapolis--> Ebensburg, PA

And so the journey continues.  Each day we're getting closer and closer to NYC, even when it doesn't feel like it.  Tonight we're in Ebensburg, PA, and tomorrow the team climbs the Appalachian Mountains.  Today and tomorrow are two of the hardest days on tour, so the team crashed pretty early tonight.  

I don't want to stay up and type too much tonight because I need my sleep tomorrow.  Even though I'm driving support, I know it'll be exhausting, too.  

So far the team has remained strong the past week or so.  It's clear some of them are very ready for the journey to end and to return to their homes and normal lives, but they keep pedaling on.  It's my hope that even though we're all worn out and exhausted, we'll still find the joy in both the suffering and the fun moments of tour as we continue to bike for our brothers and sisters in Burma and Thailand.

Blessings,
Sara

More corn in Indiana

We spent the weekend in Mt. Vernon, Ohio.  While we were there, I had the chance to speak with one of the childrens' sunday school classes about what we were doing.  After I finished talking to them, a few of them wanted to pray for me and the team.  Such a sweet group of kids!

While I was talking to the kids, Jana was talking to the early service at church

This is what dinner for 16 people looks like--- avocados and bananas for days!

Stopped by an Amish grocery store in Ohio.  Apparently they like Little Debbies?  Shout out to Collegedale! 

Ohio surprised me with pretty scenery and great old farm houses like this one.

I was toasted this week!

We had some truly wonderful hosts in Youngstown, OH.  They welcomed us in with open arms and Tennessee style BBQ.

Jeff (who broke his collarbone on my tour last year) and his daughter Laurel (who was also on my tour) met up with us to finish the part of the tour that Jeff was unable to finish due to his injury.  I should mention that Jeff is deaf and that is why Laurel came along too, so that she could interpret for him.   

Gas can and a horse and buggy.  I'm so confused. 

Carmen cheering on the team as they near the end of a difficult day into Ebensburg, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment