Thursday, June 27, 2013

North Dakota!

This morning we finished up with Montana and are now in SOUTH DAKOTA!  Montana was beautiful and so much fun with some pretty amazing people, but after 2 weeks there, it was nice to see a state line.  We're only staying in North Dakota for a day though.  Tomorrow we cross another state boarder and head into South Dakota.  If you're trying to follow our route, we're pretty much staying on US12 until Minnesota.

Anyway, the last few days we've been blessed with even more amazing than we were already having--- tailwinds!  One leg of our journey today was 14 miles and at the end of the 14 miles we had averaged 27.8mph.  That was just part of the day.  An 84 mile ride that should have taken us most of the day was over by lunch time.  These winds have been such a blessing and we're all hoping they stick around for a few more days!  Now that our terrain is pretty much completely flat, the winds can make or break a day.  When we climb mountains and hills, we're usually moving so slowly that headwinds don't really effect us too badly.

Oh, another random bit of information is that my phone is now dead.  Yes, dead.  It took a swim with me in the Yellowstone River 3 days ago.  So, until I can steal photos from teammates or have another working phone of my own, there probably won't be any pictures.

This post was mostly just to let you know I am alive and well.  Honestly, I've already forgotten the name of the town I am in right now….  I do know that we're staying in a church and that they're having a community dinner tonight where we'll share about the cause and all.  But past that, all I can think about right now is how badly I would like to take a shower.  Sunscreen, sweat, and the insane number of gnats that commit suicide on my skin everyday are not a pretty combo.  But, I'm actually not complaining.  Showers are even more appreciated these days.

Oh!  Prayer update!  Everyone on the team is back in good health!  We're all still struggling with normal aches and pains, but besides that, things are going well!  Continued prayer for good weather and a Christ centered community amongst the teammates is appreciated. :)

For now, this is all.  Hopefully I'll have wifi somewhere in South Dakota.

Blessings,
Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment