Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Helena!

Once again, we don't have wifi. However, we do have cell service! Hooray! Coverage has become a rarity. Anyway, because this post is from my phone, I'm going to keep it short.

Yesterday we road from Missoula to Lincoln. The ride was supposed to be about 82 miles, but around mile 61 we hit a pretty bad storm so we loaded all the bikes into the trailer and packed into the van to shuttle to our destination. We stayed in a log cabin retreat center type place that is run and owned by a local church. The storms stayed around all night, but between waves of the storm we managed to have a bonfire where two if my teammates shared their testimonies. It was awesome to hear how God has used and transformed their lives to positively impact the lives of others.

This morning we woke up early to begin our shorter ride (only 51 miles today!). However, we had to cross the Rockies/continental divide. Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! The views were spectacular and sort of foggy since the rain clouds were still lingering. With the storms came a cold front so it was FREEZING! Especially on the way down. I severely underestimated the temperatures and didn't dress properly. I could hardly feel my hands by the time I reached the bottom, but it was such a fun ride down I didn't care. A little further down the road we took a break at an adorable little country store that was about 20 miles outside of Helena. The family that ran it was so sweet and they had huckleberry ice cream. Which I wanted so badly but decided against considering I still had another 20 miles to go. Apparently the people around here are obsessed with huckleberries. No joke. These people have mastered the art of squeezing huckleberries into any recipe.

Anyway, we arrived in Helena around lunch time which gave us plenty of time to relax and clean up at a slower pace before we made a much needed Walmart run. Past that, we pretty much just hung out and napped.

Bedtime now, but I'll try to post again soon.

Blessings and thanks for following!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment