Monday, April 8, 2013

Update

Okay guys, right now I'm exhausted and ready to go to bed, but until my homework assignment finishes uploading online, I can't go to sleep.  So, that means y'all get an update (try to contain your excitement).

I always have such good intentions of adding pictures to make this blog a little more interesting, but obviously I haven't gone through with these good intentions.  One day maybe….

Anyway, Saturday was the yard sale which actually went really well!  I raised a few dollars more than I had excepted (which is awesome!).  People have been so generous and gracious to donate stuff for me to sale, so I still have a few things leftover that I'm going to sale at ANOTHER yard sale (time and place to be decided…).  I'm still accepting donations because obviously the more, the better!  I'd really like to have a variety of things to grab people's attention while they're driving by.

T-shirts--- were supposed to be ordered today.  I didn't forget or just not do it, it's just that I'm still receiving orders (yay!).  For those of you who have heard me advertise these t-shirts a thousand times already, excuse my little commercial again.  T-shirts are for sale for $20 each.  They range from sizes S-2XL and supposedly they run a little small.  Here's a pic of them if you wanna take a look:

All proceeds from these t-shirts go towards the tour this summer.  So, if you're interested, buy one!  Spread the word!  It's a simple way to help me participate in the tour this summer, but ultimately it helps the cause-- those in Burma and Thailand.  I know you might be hesitant about buying a shirt because you don't want to look like you biked 3,300+ miles, but it's a conversation starter!  Not to start a conversation about how your friend Sara is insane/ridiculous for biking across the country, but about the cause.  People are so unaware of the situation in this region of South East Asia and their ignorance needs to change.  I know I frequently learning new stuff about it!

Besides t-shirts and yard sale stuff, not much has happened.  I'm still working on finding businesses who'd be interested in sponsoring.

Oh, my homework is done uploading.  Bed time for me.

Goodnight, all!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment