Wednesday, April 9, 2014

1-2-3

Hi folks!

Tomorrow is exactly two months until I arrive in Seattle.  Time needs to slow down just a little so I can catch up on life.

I'm going to have to speed type this post because I have a lot to get done.  Apologies in advance for poor punctuation and grammar.

1-2-3 here we go…

1. This past weekend I flew up to Minneapolis for the Venture Leaders Weekend.  While there, I finally met one of my co-leaders (Carmen) who is wonderful.  I cannot even begin to express how excited I am to lead with her!!  The third co-leader in the trio (Chris) couldn't make it up, but he was able to Skype in a for a bit.  In short, the weekend was very informative and answered a lot of questions that I had.  Being able to just talk to the people that I'm emailing all the time that run Venture was great.  The more I'm in Venture community, the more I love everything they work and stand for.  I was inspired rehearing the stories of how Venture came into existence, the projects we're biking for in Thailand/Burma, and the hilarious/funny/scary stories from other co-leaders of their previous tour stories.  Everyone at Venture has such a passion for Christ and Biblical justice that it's almost contagious.  After the retreat I now feel much more equipped and to lead this tour.

Here's a pic of all the leaders present at the retreat: 


2. Fundraising.  I've recently reached that point where I'm thinking "well shoot, I have two months to get a significant amount of money raised." However, I'm not stressed.  Yes, I need to get it in, but I know it'll happen (it always does).  I do need help though.  I'm working and saving everything I can because I want the fundraising process to be a form of physical sacrifice for me, too.  However, I won't be able to do it all alone like I was hoping.  

To give you the breakdown, here are my deadlines and amounts I have to raise:


4/11/14  → $200

4/27/14  → $200
5/13/14  → $200
5/30/14  → $200
---------------------
= $800
***every penny of this $800 goes directly to food security, discipleship, and education for Burmese refugees***

However, on top of the $800 listed above, I also have have to raise a good bit to get my bike tuned up ($200) plus money to replace gear and parts that are very worn out. Sponsorship in any form and amount is very appreciated! I do want to do what I can to thank you publicly for donations. All sponsors names (and logos if you're a business) will be on my blog. Remember, all donations are 100% tax deductible!

I've decided to break it down differently this year:
$.50 is a one mile. So, if you donate $50, you've sponsored 100 miles. Whatever state the miles you sponsor me are in, I'll be sure to send you a postcard from that state as an extra little thank you. There's a link to donate on the Venture website at the top of my page. Be sure to click 'Sara Aho' on the drop down box so that the donation goes to me! I also will accept cash and checks which you can send to my house. (just contact me if you need the address) Just remember every bit helps. Give as you can and feel lead.

3. Life outside of tour stuff is pretty busy; School is keeping me on my toes constantly. Thankfully the semester is coming to an end though. I'll have one week off before I go into Maymester where I'll be taking two classes (6 credits) in 3 weeks. I'll be leaving directly from my last Maymester final exam to fly out for the tour. Prayers for sanity are appreciated.

This sums it up for now. If you have any questions, thoughts, or words of encouragement you'd like to pass on to me or my team, contact me! I'd love to hear from you! Sometimes I feel like I'm blogging to myself. However, I know people are out there reading this because I see the number of page views…. (you're not as sneaky as you think)

Blessings,
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment